Listen to this episode of Dabblers vs. Doers with Dan Blank featuring a very transparent look into the life and inner workings of artist & entrepreneur Jay Alders. This podcast interview delves into a wide range of diverse topics that are critical to anyone who wants to make a living with their creative work, while also honoring their creative process and lifestyle with those they love.
Here’s some of what Dan talks to Jay about:
- Lessons from a failed business that actually brought him closer to his art and his family.
- How he works from his home studio, while parenting three kids, and supporting his wife who has her own business as well.
- How he finds the time (and energy) to create.
- Why he feels marketing and business are a welcome part of creative work.
- His path to going full-time as an artist.
- The value of taking care of yourself, even when you are swamped, so that you can take care of those who rely on you, and you creative work.